Jonathan Bray, director of the Urban Transport Group writing in Passenger Transport magazine explains that the much talked about Mobility as a Service has everything yet still to prove. There has been much hype and a few small scale niche projects. Successful MaaS depends on five main tests:
- Does it incentivise public transport use?
- Does it reduce congestion and pollution?
- Is there a culture of openness/data sharing?
- Is it socially inclusive?
- Does it encourage active lifestyles?
Transport Scotland are making much of their investment in MaaS but will this investment pass any or all of the above tests?