The Scottish Government is seeking to move to a net-zero economy by 2045. This will mean huge changes for the transport sector in Scotland. To achieve this level of change fundamental reform of the transport sector is needed:
- Accelerating modal shift to public and active transport
- Decarbonising vehicles and freight supply chains
- Developing place-based solutions
- Using new technology better
- Developing new types of business model for green growth
Please share relevant plans and projects at this page. STSG is planning to develop this debate further during the summer of 2020 with reports planned for later in the year.
With COP26 being planned for Glasgow in 2021 Scotland must be able to demonstrate clear deliverable plans for net zero transport so please share the plans and STSG will hep to collate best practice.