The aims of Scottish Transport Research Group (STSG) are, “to stimulate interest in, and awareness of, the transport function and its importance for the Scottish economy and society: to encourage contacts between operators, public bodies, users, academia and other organisations and individuals with interests in transport in a Scottish context; to issue publications and organise conferences and seminars related to transport policy and research.”
STSG was set up in 1984 and since then has organised events and published papers and reviews to contribute to the aims of the organisation. The Scottish Transport Research Group is a charity, registered in Scotland, number SCO14720.
The sections below describe:
- Scottish Transport Studies Group
- 7-9 North St David Street
- EH2 1AW
Chair: John Yellowlees
Secretary: Derek Halden
Membership is free but donations are encouraged. Please donate to STSG and support our work.
Subscribe to our mailing list you consent to receiving e-mails from STSG but you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link on any e-mail.
STSG provides grants to support the preparation and publication of papers in pursuit of its goals. If you have a proposal of work that could be assisted by an STSG grant please e-mail a completed copy of this form to us.
Previous grants writing up research and analysis to make it more accessible in policy and practice have been up to £500, but larger grants are sometimes sometimes available for more substantial projects.
Annual reports are published in PDF format:
- STSG Annual Report 2020/21 – November 2021
- STSG Annual Report 2019/20 – November 2020
- STSG Annual Report 2018/19 – November 2019
- STSG Annual Report 2017/18 – November 2018
- STSG Annual Report 2016/17 – November 2017
- STSG Annual Report 2015/16 – November 2016
- STSG Annual Report 2014/15 – October 2015
- STSG Annual Report 2013/14 – November 2014
- STSG Annual Report 2012/13 – November 2013
- STSG Annual Report 2011/12 – November 2012
- STSG Annual Report 2010/11 – October 2011
- STSG Annual Report 2009/10 – September 2010
- STSG Annual Report 2008/09 – October 2009
- STSG Annual Report 2007/08 – September 2008
- STSG Annual Report 2006/07 – September 2007
- STSG Annual Report 2004/05 – November 2005